Here are a few thoughts and a brief summary of what went down in the Apple event for September 2019. Watch the entire keynote event or watch the condensed 2-minute event recap.
As always, the opening video is delightful and so much fun!
Apple Arcade arrives on September 19th. $4.99 a month for a family subscription with a 1 month free trial.
- Worldwide premiere trailer for Jason Mamoa's 'See'!
- The first shows on Apple TV+ will be available on November 1st, adding other originals every month in over 100 countries.
- Pricing is $4.99 a month for a family subscription.
- 1 year included for free with a purchase of a new Mac, iPad, or iPhone!
- New 7th generation iPad with 10.2-inch display.
- Includes Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil support.
- Now the enclosure is made from 100% recycled materials.
- Pricing starts at $329. $299 with education pricing
- Available at the end of September.
- A very touching video of how Apple Watch is truly changing and improving lives.
- Apple Watch Series 5 with a new always-on display!
- Continues to support all-day, 18-hour battery life.
- All watch displays and workout app support automatic dimming without the need to raise your wrist to see the display.
- New compass app to show your directional heading and longitude and latitude.
- Watch cases are now also made from 100% recycled materials.
- New titanium enclosure option.
- Pricing for GPS models start at $399, Cellular start at $499, available today.
- Series 3 watch available for $199.
- iPhone XR replacement is now the iPhone 11.
- New colors for iPhone 11!
- Supports Dolby Atmos for immersive sound.
- Includes 2 cameras: 12 MP wide camera and 12 MP ultra wide cameras.
- Night mode for low-light images.
- Selfie camera can now record slow-motion video…"slofies" LOL
- New chip inside the phone is A13 Bionic.
- Starts at $699.
iPhone 11 Pro
- Matte textured finish on the back of the device.
- Colors for iPhone 11 Pro — Midnight Green, Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- Larger of the models is called iPhone 11 Pro Max…barf
- Battery in iPhone 11 Pro lasts 4 hours longer than iPhone XS
- Includes 18W power charger.
- New 12 MP wide camera, new telephoto camera, and new ultra wide camera with 120-degree field of view.
- All 3 cameras shoot 4K HDR video.
- New video editing tools available in Photos app on iOS 13.
- New cases for all iPhone 11 Pro models, with clear cases available for each.
- Deirdre O'Brien is taking the stage!
- Apple Watch studio lets you pair your Apple Watch with a band to find the right combination for you. Available in-store and online.
- Apple Trade In lets you trade in an old iPhone towards the cost of a new iPhone.
Overall, this was a pretty interesting event. The pacing went really fast and I kept thinking they were saving time for a “one more thing” kind of announcement at the end but nope, they ended with twenty minutes left in the hour. The diversity of the speakers on stage continues to improve and we saw a few new faces, which is good to see. I’m eyeing up a new Apple Watch Series 5 and an iPhone 11 Pro for myself in the next few weeks, which I’m pretty excited about!